- Babies have a tendency to grow faster than we can possibly imagine. Because of this they will outgrow clothes, toys, and other accessories within a few months. Rather than trying to store all of these items in your home, a self-storage unit at 1st Choice Storage in Gulfport is the perfect solution. Below are some of the preparations you will need to make to your baby items before placing them in storage.
- Baby Clothing
- Before placing your child’s outgrown clothing you will want to make sure you wash and dry them. When throwing them in the washer, try not to use scented laundry detergents. Scented laundry detergents are known to attract unwanted guests into your storage units. Once the clothes are cleaned and completely dry you can organize them by gender and size. This will save you time later on when it is time to retrieve the clothing for your next child or child of a friend. Place the clothing in plastic containers with sealable lids. These are known to be the best when it comes to protecting the clothing from moisture and bugs. Label the container and place in an area in your storage unit that will be easily accessible later on.
- Baby Swings
- Before you know it, your little one will no longer fit in their beloved swing or rocker. You can keep these items safe in a storage unit with a little preparation. If the swing or rocker has removable cloth pieces, toss those in the wash and thoroughly dry them. For the parts that aren’t machine washable you will want to wipe down with a child-safe cleaner. Let what you wiped down air dry in the sun. To keep these items from getting dirty in storage you can place them in a large plastic container with a sealable lid.
- Storing your Crib
- Your child’s crib will most likely be the biggest piece of baby equipment you will need to store. The best way to prepare your crib for storage is by first taking a picture of the crib. This will help you to remember where each piece is supposed to go before you begin to disassemble it. As you take it apart you may want to label each piece with where it is supposed to go when the crib is assembled. Keep all the parts in a plastic bag and attached to the crib frame itself. Next you will want to prepare the crib mattress by wiping it down as best as you can and placing it in a mattress cover.
- Placing your outgrown baby accessories in storage will help you in keeping storage open for the items you need every day in your home. For all your extra items that you just can’t seem to find the space for you can trust 1st Choice Storage in Gulfport to provide you with a self-storage unit that is perfect in size and price.
a/c Alabama beaches beaumont storage Birthday Christmas climate control detroit self storage discounts Gautier Storage gulf coast Gulf Coast Storage Units Gulfport Gulfport Storage Holiday Special mardi gras miami storage moving mistakes parking rv safe storage self storage specials storage storage units storage units gulfport storage units miami summer thanksgiving Waveland Storage