- Storage Auctions are the perfect opportunity to snag a good deal on some items you may have been searching for. In order to be successful on getting a good deal you need to know about some of the misconceptions you may have heard about storage unit auctions. We at 1st Choice Storage in Gautier have gathered some myths about storage auctions you need to be aware of.
- Every Unit is Valuable
- This is of course a myth. While you might get lucky occasionally, you shouldn’t go into a storage unit thinking you are going to find a gold mine of items. You might be able to find a few things you can sell for a profit in a storage auction but the reality TV shows make it look like it happens more often than it does.
- You can’t look inside a Storage Unit
- Even though you aren’t allowed physically in the unit, you are allowed to look in it. This will give you a pretty good idea of the stuff that you will be bidding for. It is always a good idea to bring a flashlight so you can see all the way to the back of the unit.
- All you need is a Check or Credit Card
- This is of course false. If you are going to be placing a bid on a unit you need to have cash in hand. Make sure you bring enough for sales tax and the cost of cleaning the unit as well. Check with the facility manager to see what the fees are.
- You can keep everything
- While you can keep what you buy in a storage unit auction, some facilities will ask you to return any personal memorabilia you find in the unit such as photo albums or family movies.
- Storage Facilities rake in Profit from Auctions
- This is also not true. Storage facilities are required by law to only keep the amount that is overdue in rent and the costs of having the auction. The money generated over this amount is given to the tenant of the unit.
- Take your Time Emptying out the Unit
- It is standard with most auctions that you have until the end of the day to clean out the unit you purchased. Occasionally you can rent out the unit for a month or so to have time in emptying out the contents, you just have to check with the facility manager.
- For more information regarding storage unit auctions at 1st Choice Storage in Gautier you can call our office. We can let you know the ins and outs of storage unit auctions to help you in having a successful auction day.
a/c Alabama beaches beaumont storage Birthday Christmas climate control detroit self storage discounts Gautier Storage gulf coast Gulf Coast Storage Units Gulfport Gulfport Storage Holiday Special mardi gras miami storage moving mistakes parking rv safe storage self storage specials storage storage units storage units gulfport storage units miami summer thanksgiving Waveland Storage