- After the many years of raising your children in your home you have finally reached the point of having your home all to yourself again. After so many years you may be wondering where to start when making your newly empty nest your own again. We at 1st Choice Storage in Miami can help you throughout the process with the help of one of our storage units and the tips listed below.
- Get the Family Involved
- A lot of what you will be organizing had once belonged to your child/children. By having them over to help you organize you not only can sort through a large amount of belongings, but you can have some quality family time as well. Your children are the perfect ones to help you decide what you can and cannot use in the future, and they might even be willing to take some items to their own homes.
- The 3-pile Organization Method
- When going through your items it is suggested you sort them into 3 specific piles: Keep, Donate, or Throw Away. If you notice your Keep pile is growing larger in size compared to the other piles you might want to consider renting a storage unit. We at 1st Choice Storage in Miami will help you in keeping those items you can’t seem to part with. Take your time with the organization process and make sure you are taking the steps you need to make your home your own.
- Room Options
- Now that those extra bedrooms are empty you can get creative what to do with this new space. Now is the opportunity to have an at home office, craft room, or in home gym. You can use some of the existing furniture you already own to make the space you own and save on redecorating costs.
- Children’s Items on Display
- While you will always love your children, and often miss them being in your home, it is important to not display too much of your children’s items in your home. This helps with the transition of the empty nester process and allows you to have that much more space to make your own. Offer to give those sentimental items to your children or place them in storage. This way you can still have those special items in your life.
- As your life progresses into this portion of your life you can embrace this change and make your home exactly the way you have always dreamed. We at 1st Choice Storage in Miami will help you in keeping your most beloved family items safe, secure, and out of the way. For more information on the units we have available make sure you call us or visit our website.
a/c Alabama beaches beaumont storage Birthday Christmas climate control detroit self storage discounts Gautier Storage gulf coast Gulf Coast Storage Units Gulfport Gulfport Storage Holiday Special mardi gras miami storage moving mistakes parking rv safe storage self storage specials storage storage units storage units gulfport storage units miami summer thanksgiving Waveland Storage