- At some point in your life you may be faced with having to place your couch in a self-storage unit at 1st Choice Storage in Gulfport. To protect the integrity and quality of your couch during its stay in storage you need to make sure you are taking the necessary preparations. Below are the steps you should follow in order to properly store your couch.
- Clean your Couch
- Our couches encounter a lot of dirt and grime when in our houses. Constant use, food particles, and pets all have a part in the deterioration of your couch. Before storing your couch for a period of time it is important to make sure you clean off anything that may be harmful to your couch in the long run. Remember to use water-based or synthetic-based cleaners with most couches. These cleaning products will protect the fabric of your couch and still give you the cleanliness it needs. If you have a leather couch, a small dab of olive oil on a microfiber cloth will clean and protect the leather. Make sure your couch is completely dry before storing.
- The Storage Unit
- Depending on the size of your couch, you will need a storage unit that will fit your couch. It is not recommended renting a storage unit smaller than your couch. Shoving a couch into a space that is too small will cause damage to the structure of the couch as well as cause potentials tears in the fabric. 1st Choice Storage in Gulfport has self-storage units in a variety of sizes to fit your needs.
- Protect your Couch
- To make sure the quality of you couch remains the same in the storing process it is important to protect your couch on the way to storage and in storage as well. Protect your couch during the transportation process. Make sure your couch is covered and protected from dirt and potential harm from other furniture being moved. When in the storage unit you will want to invest in sheets or drop cloths to protect it from dust and moisture. Stay away from plastic couch covers. These can trap in moisture and cause mildew to form on your couch.
- Lift it up
- The best way to store a couch is to store it off of the ground. This will protect your couch from potential spills or accidents. You can easily place your couch on a tarp or on wood pallets to keep it from getting damaged on the ground.
- Storing your couch and making sure that it stays in the best possible quality is easier than you think. We at 1st Choice Storage in Gulfport can make sure you are getting the best possible self-storage unit for all of your storage needs. Check out our website for more information about our facility.
a/c Alabama beaches beaumont storage Birthday Christmas climate control detroit self storage discounts Gautier Storage gulf coast Gulf Coast Storage Units Gulfport Gulfport Storage Holiday Special mardi gras miami storage moving mistakes parking rv safe storage self storage specials storage storage units storage units gulfport storage units miami summer thanksgiving Waveland Storage