- Now that you have found the perfect storage unit at 1st Choice Storage in Waveland, you can begin to move in all of your items. We want to help you in making sure the quality of your items stays intact during its stay. That is why we have gathered some preparation and storage tips for you to try when it comes to storing your furniture.
- Purchase Furniture Protectors
- In order to ensure that your furniture will remain in top quality you will want to invest in materials to protect your furniture. By lining your storage unit’s floor with plastic as well as your furniture piece you can keep any harmful substances off of the piece. For added protection you can purchase moving blankets that will act as a padding for your furniture.
- Disassemble Larger Furniture
- Most furniture pieces are too big, bulky, and awkward making it hard to place in storage. If possible, disassemble what you can. By breaking down furniture you can easily move and store the item. To help you remember how to reattach all the pieces correctly take pictures before disassembling. Make sure you store all parts together in bags with the furniture it belongs to.
- Protect your Fragile Items
- Take the time to ensure the safety of your fragile furniture pieces. Purchase the materials you need to protect them. You can help to protect those pieces from damage by making sure sharp corners or edges on items that are stored next to your fragile item are covered and padded. If you are storing fragile electronics try and place them in their original packaging. If this is not possible, make sure they are stored in a box with adequate packing material to make sure items won’t shift during the moving process. Label all fragile items so you or your movers know to handle it with care.
- Practice Strategic Storing
- Putting all of your items in storage can be a little hard to figure out. Make sure you place the larger, sturdier items in the back and on the floor to serve as a base to hold other items. Stack from bottom up going heaviest to lightest. By placing the smaller items towards the front of your storage unit you can have easier access to them. Being smart and organizing your storage unit from the beginning will help you when you need to bring something out of the unit. You can even place them with coinciding object or rooms that they are from to help you in remembering where you placed a particular item in your new storage unit at 1st Choice Storage in Waveland.
a/c Alabama beaches beaumont storage Christ Christmas climate control detroit self storage discounts Gautier Storage gulf coast Gulf Coast Storage Units Gulfport Gulfport Storage Holiday Special mardi gras miami storage parking rv safe storage self storage specials storage storage units storage units gulfport storage units miami storage units waveland summer thanksgiving Waveland Storage