- After surviving the holiday season you are probably like most parents, wondering what the heck you are going to do with all of the toys your children have received as gifts this year. The best way is to part with the old to make room for the new. We at 1st Choice Storage in Gulfport can help you with the purging process. We can not only provide you with the perfect storage unit for all of your storage needs, but we have also gathered some helpful tips to get you through the process of purging your child’s toys.
- Don’t Be More Sentimental than your Child
- There are some toys that your child will love and cherish for many years. At the same time, there are toys that you have accumulated in your home that your child could easily forget about. If your child doesn’t seem to be sentimental towards specific toys then you know they are ok to go. Ask yourself the following questions:
- $1Did someone we love gift this and is it sentimental to the giver?
- $1Is this a toy that never gets played with?
- $1Would the kids even notice if it was gone?
- This will help you to determine whether the toy stays, gets stored, or is donated.
- Age Appropriate Toys
- If you are like most, you probably still have those newborn toys laying around the house not getting played with. You may even have some toys that have been gifted to you that your child just isn’t ready to play with yet. While sorting through your child’s toys you can determine if this a toy that is appropriate for them to play with now. Everything else can be stored or donated.
- Get your Children Involved
- While it might be easier to just go through and purge all of your child’s toys on your own, getting them involved can be very helpful to their development and understanding of why their toys are being stored or donated. Kids know which toys they want to play with and which ones they don’t. Depending on the ages of your children this may be a great opportunity to teach them about generosity. It feels good to give and bless others, and it’s never too early to start explaining that principle to your children.
- Doing a purge of your child’s toys may need to happen as much as every 3 months to even every year. It all depends on how much you accumulate with each birthday party and holiday. To help you in saving those sentimental toys you just can’t part with, 1st Choice Storage is a great option when it comes to keeping your items safe while keeping your home clutter free. Call us today for more information about our facility.
a/c Alabama beaches beaumont storage Christ Christmas climate control detroit self storage discounts Gautier Storage gulf coast Gulf Coast Storage Units Gulfport Gulfport Storage Holiday Special mardi gras miami storage parking rv safe storage self storage specials storage storage units storage units gulfport storage units miami storage units waveland summer thanksgiving Waveland Storage