a/c Alabama beaches beaumont storage Christ Christmas climate control detroit self storage discounts Gautier Storage gulf coast Gulf Coast Storage Units Gulfport Gulfport Storage Holiday Special mardi gras miami storage parking rv safe storage self storage specials storage storage units storage units gulfport storage units miami storage units waveland summer thanksgiving Waveland Storage
- Moving can be a stressful and hectic time.What most don’t realize is they are making several moving mistakes that are actually making the experience harder. At 1st Choice Storage in Beaumont we pride ourselves on making our customers happy. We can provide you with the perfect storage unit to help take the load off when moving. We have also provided you with some moving mistakes to avoid in your next move.
- Not Planning Ahead
- Moving takes preparation. There are a lot of hidden aspects and necessities that need to happen when moving from place to place. You will need to plan out each aspect of your move. Things to think about before moving day include: renting a truck, hiring movers, change of address, setting up utilities, and organized packing. Not planning out your move can add a huge amount of unwanted stress.
- Not Shopping Around
- If you do choose to hire a moving company to assist you in your move, it is wise to do some research and shop around. Moving companies will all charge different rates. Not shopping around could result in you not getting the best deal in town. It is also worth reading customer reviews of each moving company. You are entrusting this company to move your valuables, you will want to make sure they are legitimate.
- Keeping Unnecessary Junk
- The biggest mistake most people make is not getting rid of the junk that has accumulated in your home before your move. Moving or storing your junk is not worth the time or money. It is always good to take the time before your move to get rid of anything you haven’t used or can’t see yourself using in the future. This way you can move into your new home without the unnecessary clutter.
- Over-Packing Boxes
- You will make the move harder on yourself and everyone involved by over-packing your boxes. When moving or storing items, it is always best to stick with a similar sized box. This will help when loading the moving truck or stacking items in a storage unit. When packing heavy items, such as books, only fill up the box half way as to not but strain on the box or the person lifting it.
- Having a storage unit at 1st Choice Storage in Beaumont can help ease some of the hassle of moving. We can provide the perfect storage unit to ease some of the burden of moving those items you just don’t have space for. Our secure facility will ensure the safety of your items for as long as you wish to store them there. For more information on our units and the sizes we offer please call us today.
- Dorm rooms are known to be the smallest available living spaces to any college bound individual. Somehow you are expected to cram a whole year’s worth of belongings into a space that is smaller than most walk-in closets. 1st Choice Storage in Beaumont can help you with your dilemma. We can provide you with a storage unit to hold all the belongings you just can’t seem to find the space to store in your new dorm room. As for your day to day items we have gathered some tips and tricks for you to try when organizing your dorm room.
- Raise your Bed
- Your bed will be the one piece of furniture that is necessary and takes up the most amount of space. To maximize the storage potential of your dorm room you can raise your bed. Bed risers can be purchased at most home stores and allow you to store more items under your bed. Keep it organized by purchasing clear storage totes to store the variety of items you need to keep out of the way.
- Removable Wall Storage
- Since most dorms don’t allow you to use nails or add shelving, you will need to purchase removable hooks to use for additional storage options. You can also use adhesive Command Strips to hang plastic pods which are perfect for storing school accessories and bathroom items.
- Closet Space Savers
- With such a small dorm room you are bound to have minimal closet space as well. To save space you can easily double up on your hangers. By placing a soda top on the top hanger you can hang an additional hanger below. This is perfect for coordinating outfits. You can also add tension rods within your closet to give you the ability to hang more close and use all the available closet space you have.
- Over the Door Storage
- Over the door storage is usually used to hold shoes but can easily be used to hold a variety of items. They contain separated pockets to help you sort and organize all the items you need to store out of the way.
- Drawer Dividers
- You can either purchase or make your own drawer dividers for your dresser in your dorm room. This will allow you to use all the space you have available in your drawers while keeping it neat and organized. This is especially useful when it comes to the separation of clothing accessories.
- Just because you are left with tight living quarters doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice your style or your organization wants. You can trust 1st Choice Storage in Beaumont to give you the additional storage space you need. Call one of our friendly customer service associates to learn more about our storage unit options.