a/c Alabama beaches beaumont storage Birthday Christmas climate control detroit self storage discounts Gautier Storage gulf coast Gulf Coast Storage Units Gulfport Gulfport Storage Holiday Special mardi gras miami storage moving mistakes parking rv safe storage self storage specials storage storage units storage units gulfport storage units miami summer thanksgiving Waveland Storage
- Moving is always known to be hectic, tiring, and stressful. Let 1st Choice Storage in Detroit help you through the process. We can provide you with a self-storage unit to help you during the moving process and for the items you just can’t seem to find the space for in your new home. We have also put together some tips for moving to make the process just that much easier.
- Have a Plan
- The best way to make the moving process less hectic and tiring is to make a game plan. You should start planning your move at least a few months in advance. Take this time to research moving companies and purchase boxes and moving supplies. Call up your friends and family to see if they can help you in moving the majority of your boxes and furniture on moving day. Packing up the items you don’t use on a day to day basis ahead of time can also ease the moving process. Once you have a plan in place you will find that the majority of your stress is gone.
- Packing up your home provides you with the perfect opportunity to sort through all of your belongings. Sort your items into separate piles of what to store, keep, toss or donate. The goal is to move with less than you started with so you can have a clean and organized home to move into.
- Packing Supplies
- In order to protect all of your items during your move you will want to invest in the proper packing supplies. Such packing items include small and medium sized boxes, packing tape, bubble wrap, packing blankets, and markers for labeling. It is always wise to take the time to properly pack all of your valuables to make sure nothing is damaged during transit.
- Pack Smart
- To make the moving process even easier you will want to pack smart. Pack one room at a time and label everything. Make sure you don’t overfill the boxes. Making the boxes too full and heavy can cause damage to your items and your back if you aren’t careful. Take the time to properly wrap all of your fragile items in bubble wrap to reduce the risk of breaking.
- Don’t let the moving process stress you out. By following some of the tips above and following our Moving Guide on our website you can easily master the moving process. We at 1st Choice Storage in Detroit pride ourselves on providing you with the best customer service possible. Call us today for more information regarding our self-storage units and our facility.
- During the winter months you will notice your pedal bike has been quite stationary for some time. Instead of having it take up space in your home or garage, you can easily store it in a secure Self Storage Unit at 1st Choice Storage in Detroit. We have provided you with a checklist below to help you prepare your bike for storage during these cold winter months.
- Check your Tires
- Thoroughly inspect your tires for any holes or tears. These should be repaired before placing your bike in storage. Make sure you tires area fully inflated as well. In order to have your bike remain in pristine condition during its time in storage you will want to make sure the tires stay inflated throughout its duration in the storage unit. The best way to do this is by hanging your bike off the ground. This will relieve any pressure put on the bike tire and keep it from warping if the tire does in fact go flat.
- Avoiding Rust
- Storing a bike for a long period time does come with the potential hazard of rust. To fight against rust build up make sure your bike is clean and dry before placing it in storage. When in the storage unit you may cover your bike to protect it from any outside moisture. Keeping it up off the floor is another added measure to ensure your bike will be protected from any unexpected spills or water damage.
- Take the time to inspect all parts of your bike. You can do this when cleaning and preparing your bike for storage. You will want to make sure the bike is in working condition before you place it into storage. This includes doing some of the routine maintenance on it such as lubricating the chain and inflating the tires. Having your bike go into storage in pristine shape will help it to be ready and available for use when you can take it out and put it to use again.
- By purchasing a Self-Storage unit at 1st Choice Storage in Detroit you can rest easy during the long winter months knowing that your items are being secured and out of harm’s way. To get more information on how our storage units can help you in all of your storage needs please call one of our customer service representatives today.