a/c Alabama beaches beaumont storage Christ Christmas climate control detroit self storage discounts Gautier Storage gulf coast Gulf Coast Storage Units Gulfport Gulfport Storage Holiday Special mardi gras miami storage parking rv safe storage self storage specials storage storage units storage units gulfport storage units miami storage units waveland summer thanksgiving Waveland Storage
- Moving is expensive. It could easily double your expected budget for that month. To help you with the moving process you can trust 1st Choice Storage in Gulfport to help you out. Having a self-storage unit can alleviate some of the costs of larger moving trucks and stress of having to move everything at once. We have also gathered some tips on moving within a set budget to help alleviate some unnecessary expenses.
- Purge your Belongings
- A great way to save your money and your budget is my getting rid of the items in your home you just don’t use any more. An added bonus would be if you could make a profit. Holding a garage sale or even selling some of your household items online can help you to make enough to cover the costs of your move. When you have less to move you spend less on moving supplies and truck rentals. For what you can’t sell, consider donating it to a local Goodwill. You will be thankful you have less to move and unpack when it is all said and done.
- Thrifty Packing
- Instead of spending hundreds of dollars on boxes and packing supplies, use what you can around you. When it comes to non-fragile items you don’t need to get fancy when it comes to moving it from one house to another. Fill up any storage bins, backpacks, duffle bags, and suitcases with less fragile items. Utilize clothing to double as a protective wrap for the fragile items you are placing in boxes. Socks and t-shirts work just as well as bubble wrap and newspaper.
- Movers vs Friends
- While hiring movers to help you with the moving process has some perks, it could put a serious dent in your wallet. Instead, try and enlist in the help of some of your trusted friends or family to help you throughout the process. To make it easier on them, have everything packed and ready to go. Then all they have to do is help with the heavy lifting.
- Reanalyze your TV and Internet
- Moving is the perfect excuse and opportunity to see if there is a better deal out there when it comes to your TV and Internet. A lot of companies will have lower monthly payments for a set amount of time when you are joining them as a new customer. Do your research and you could end up saving some money in the long run.
- Using the tips above can really help you and your wallet when the time comes to move. Having a self-storage unit at 1st Choice Storage in Gulfport will alleviate the amount of stress you might have when it comes to moving all of your items at once. Call our facility today to see how we can get you the right unit for the right price.
- Have you been tripping your way in and out of your garage lately? Before the warm weather comes to a close you should consider taking this opportunity to give your garage a thorough cleaning. 1st Choice Storage in Miami can help you accomplish this task with the use of one of our storage units. Store all the belongings you won’t need during the winter months and free up the space you need in your garage. We have provided some tips for you to try while you get rid of the clutter in your garage.
- Start Over
- The best way to clean and organize a garage is to empty it out completely and start over. Leave nothing untouched. Empty out all the cabinets, drawers, and shelving you have. Doing this will help you start the organization process as well as giving you the ability to thoroughly clean the garage.
- Sort your Belongings
- Now that you have everything pulled out of your garage you can create 4 separate piles of what to keep, store, toss, or donate. Stick to your goals and get rid of anything you don’t absolutely need or haven’t used in the past few years. Placing seasonal items in a storage unit at 1st Choice Storage in Miami can give you the extra space you have been looking for in your garage.
- Get it Off the Floor
- After sorting your items and deciding what it is you are going to keep, you can now start placing it back into your garage. Your goal should be to find a place to store all of your belongings off of the floor. This will keep your garage organized and free from trip hazards. Add shelving, peg boards, and any other useful storage to give all of your belongings an organized place to reside.
- Create Zones
- Garages hold a variety of items, from tools to Christmas décor. Creating zones in your garage for each category of items can help you when it comes to finding that particular item later. Keeping your items as visible as possible will help as well. Hanging tools on peg boards on labeling drawers are sure to make your life easier later on.
- Clean-up often
- After taking the time to clean out and organize your garage you will want to ensure its cleanliness in the months to follow. Creating a cleaning system after using something in your garage. Make sure everything has its own place so it’s easier to put that particular item away. Staying on top of the cleanliness in your garage will keep it in pristine order.
- Our garages are too often the dumping grounds of what we can’t fit in our homes. To save your garage from becoming a cluttered mess you can follow the tips above and rent a storage unit at 1st Choice Storage in Miami. We have a variety of storage units that will fit your needs. Stop by our office today to learn more about the units we have to offer.
- Maintaining a clean home is often easier said than done. Our daily lives are hectic enough without worrying when you will regularly clean your home. We at 1st Choice Storage gathered some tips to help you in maintaining a clean home so you aren’t left with a huge mess to clean up at the end of the week.
- Clean Throughout the Day
- The best way to maintain a clean home is by cleaning as you are going about your normal routine. If you get into the habit of immediately putting things back where they belong after you use them, then you save yourself the time and effort of having to clean it up later. For the chores that you don’t often get to, set aside 15 minutes a day to clean a specific area of the house. This way you aren’t overwhelmed with the amount that needs to be cleaned.
- Never End your Day with a Dirty Kitchen
- The one room in your house that can easily get out of control is your kitchen. With the amount of meals you need to prepare and cook in your kitchen on a daily basis you are bound to create some clutter. Use the “clean as you go method” to stay on top of your mess. Always start your day with an empty dishwasher so you can fill it as you use dishes throughout the day. When you are preparing to go to bed, empty out the sink and start the dishwasher. You can wipe down counters and sweep the floor while you cook to save time.
- Designate a “To Storage” Box
- While you are cleaning your home take note of the items you use most often. Are there items being stored in your various cupboards and drawers that aren’t being used? Place these items in a “to storage” box that you can keep in your closet or garage. When the box is full you can pack up the items and send them to your storage unit at 1st Choice Storage in Miami. This will open up the storage space you need in your home that will help you in keeping it clean and organized.
- The more organized your home is and free of the items you just don’t use every day, the easier it will be to maintain a clean home. You can rest easy knowing your items are safe in your storage unit at 1st Choice Storage in Miami. Call us today to learn more about our facility.