a/c Alabama beaches beaumont storage Christ Christmas climate control detroit self storage discounts Gautier Storage gulf coast Gulf Coast Storage Units Gulfport Gulfport Storage Holiday Special mardi gras miami storage parking rv safe storage self storage specials storage storage units storage units gulfport storage units miami storage units waveland summer thanksgiving Waveland Storage
- Moving can be a stressful and hectic time.What most don’t realize is they are making several moving mistakes that are actually making the experience harder. At 1st Choice Storage in Beaumont we pride ourselves on making our customers happy. We can provide you with the perfect storage unit to help take the load off when moving. We have also provided you with some moving mistakes to avoid in your next move.
- Not Planning Ahead
- Moving takes preparation. There are a lot of hidden aspects and necessities that need to happen when moving from place to place. You will need to plan out each aspect of your move. Things to think about before moving day include: renting a truck, hiring movers, change of address, setting up utilities, and organized packing. Not planning out your move can add a huge amount of unwanted stress.
- Not Shopping Around
- If you do choose to hire a moving company to assist you in your move, it is wise to do some research and shop around. Moving companies will all charge different rates. Not shopping around could result in you not getting the best deal in town. It is also worth reading customer reviews of each moving company. You are entrusting this company to move your valuables, you will want to make sure they are legitimate.
- Keeping Unnecessary Junk
- The biggest mistake most people make is not getting rid of the junk that has accumulated in your home before your move. Moving or storing your junk is not worth the time or money. It is always good to take the time before your move to get rid of anything you haven’t used or can’t see yourself using in the future. This way you can move into your new home without the unnecessary clutter.
- Over-Packing Boxes
- You will make the move harder on yourself and everyone involved by over-packing your boxes. When moving or storing items, it is always best to stick with a similar sized box. This will help when loading the moving truck or stacking items in a storage unit. When packing heavy items, such as books, only fill up the box half way as to not but strain on the box or the person lifting it.
- Having a storage unit at 1st Choice Storage in Beaumont can help ease some of the hassle of moving. We can provide the perfect storage unit to ease some of the burden of moving those items you just don’t have space for. Our secure facility will ensure the safety of your items for as long as you wish to store them there. For more information on our units and the sizes we offer please call us today.