a/c Alabama beaches beaumont storage Birthday Christmas climate control detroit self storage discounts Gautier Storage gulf coast Gulf Coast Storage Units Gulfport Gulfport Storage Holiday Special mardi gras miami storage moving mistakes parking rv safe storage self storage specials storage storage units storage units gulfport storage units miami summer thanksgiving Waveland Storage
- Nothing is worse than having all of your beloved treasures and family heirlooms messed with by pesky rodents and bugs while tucking them away in storage. It is important to take the necessary steps in preparing and maintaining your storage unit to keeps those unwelcomed pests out. Below are some tips to help you do just that.
- Be Proactive
- When packing your items for storage take into consideration what you will be packing them in. Plastic bins with tight closing lids are the best for keeping bugs and rodents out of your belongings. Taking the time to wrap mattresses and couches in plastic covers will also help. This way pests can’t make a nest of your couch cushion and it protects all of your belongings from the nasty trail they tend to leave behind.
- Leave the Food at Home
- Unless you are storing non-perishable items, food should not be stored. This rolls out a welcome mat to those pesky rodents and bugs. Anything that could spoil or attract unwanted attention from less desirable wild life should not be stored. This also includes all animal food products.
- No Guests Allowed
- While packing the truck for your departure make sure you aren’t bringing along any unwanted guests. Going through and organizing your items thoroughly will ensure a clean storage space from the start.
- Prepare for War
- When packing up your belongings make sure to purchase some weapons for combatting pests. Setting mouse traps before loading your storage unit will take care of any pests that have already made a living there. Bug spray is essential and can be sprayed on all the corners and openings of your storage unit to keep bugs from entering at the source. Starting with a clean space will help you maintain a pest free environment.
- It is good to periodically go to your storage unit and maintain its cleanliness and how it is organized. If pests are of great concern you can often pay a 3rd party to cleanse the space of unwanted guests. Hiring an exterminator will ensure a clean storage unit.
- A More Natural Defense
- If you are worried about the hazardous chemicals many bug and rodent sprays have, there is a more natural solution. Peppermint oil is a known natural deterrent to mice and spiders. By adding a couple drops of peppermint oil to cotton balls and then placing the cotton balls near any openings mice could enter, it will act as a natural defense and keep them from entering your storage unit. By adding peppermint oil and water into a spray bottle, you can spray any openings, cracks, and even items to keep the spiders away. Not only will the pests run in the other direction, but your storage unit will smell magnificent.
- We at 1st Choice Storage in Mont Belvieu, TX want to ensure you have a safe and pest free storage unit for all of your treasures and family heirlooms. We hope you found this article helpful in preparing and protecting your precious items. If you have any further questions regarding pest control or storage units please feel free to contact one of our helpful employees. We are proud to serve you in Mont Belvieu.
- Moving can be tough and it gets even more complicated when moving overseas. It will take a lot of work but with some good planning ahead of time, everything should go smoothly. 1st Choice Storage can help by providing storage in Mont Belvieu TX for all those items you just can’t take with you. Here are some other ideas to help get you prepared for the big move.
Store ItemsLike we mentioned, 1st Choice can provide storage in Mont Belvieu TX for everything you won’t be able to take with you. You may not intend on staying forever and that means you’ll want your belongings to be safe until you can get to them again. Moving isn’t always permanent but your belongings will have a secure spot until you need them.
DownsizeOften times, spaces are smaller overseas and you may need to downsize. If you have a closet full of clothes, you may need to just pick some favorite essentials and store the rest. You may also need to downsize your furniture or consider storing it and purchasing new furniture overseas. Things like furniture can be very expensive to ship and sometimes it’s a better option to start fresh in a new country.
CharityNow is a good time to go through everything you own and donate what you don’t want or need to a charity. There are always people in need and donating items is a great way to do some good and shed some of that excess weight of having too many things. If you have items that aren’t in good enough condition to be donated, recycle where you can.
- If you’re moving overseas, you’ve probably checked out the exchange rate but it’s important to really get a good grasp on how much things will cost overseas. Sometimes you may end up paying more than you would in the U.S. for certain items and other times you may pay less. It’s good to know what you're getting yourself into beforehand.
- We know that moving overseas can be difficult but also very exciting and we hope these tips have helped provide a little bit of insight. If you need storage in Mont Belvieu, TX before the big day, let us know and we’ll help you find a unit that is the perfect size for you.
- Tis the season to dig out all those winter clothes from storage and attempt to find and organize them in your home. When switching out your summer wardrobe to your winter wardrobe we at 1st Choice Storage in Mont Belvieu, TX can provide you with the perfect storage units to keep your attire in pristine condition as the seasons change. We have also provided you with some organization tips to keep your large winter attire up and out of the way during the holidays.
- Empty, Sort, and Organize
- Winter coats often take up a lot of space. Before bringing out your winter wardrobe, take the time to empty out a closet completely to make room for all of your winter clothing necessities. You will be surprised at just how much stuff you had managed to pack into your closet. Determine what items you currently store in your closet can be relocated to another place in your home or even placed in storage. If closet space is available start sorting your winter attire. Take out what you know you will use most often and put them where they can easily be accessed. It is also smart to be picky in deciding what winter attire you will be using this season. Most people purchase a large of amount of clothing they don’t actually wear. You can either store your excess clothing or donate them to those who are in need.
- Maximize Your Space
- By purchasing a coat rack or coat hooks you can maximize the space you have in your home. Often times the space behind entry doors or hallways is left empty. You can easily utilize this space and create an organized storage space for all of your winter accessories. Hanging your coats can allow them to dry out during the wet winter months without ruining your clothing or the rest of the house.
- Maximize Closet Storage
- Often times closets can have a lot more storage potential than is currently present. If your closet has high ceilings you can install shelving and additional closet racks. A closet rack installed at a lower height is perfect for children’s coats and sweaters.
- The key to maintaining winter storage is to stay organized. Rather than throwing winter attire on the floor by your front door, take the time to hang up your belongings and store what you aren’t using. 1st Choice Storage in Mont Belvieu, TX will help you in your winter organization process. Please call us today so we can help you find the perfect storage unit to suit you storage needs.
- Moving can often be stressful and very tiring. Packing up and sorting all of your belongings can often take up the most time in your move. While this is a stressful time it is also a great opportunity to sort out what you want to take with you and what you want to store. 1st Choice Storage in Gulfport has a variety of storage units to protect the belongings you can’t take with you to your new home. We pride ourselves on taking care of our customers, so we have listed some tips and tricks to help make the move a little easier.
- Pack an overnight bag
- To help ease the transition in moving from one home to another, it will help to pack an overnight bag. Make sure to pack enough clothing and essentials to last you a few days while you unpack all of your belongings in your new home. If moving to an apartment or a rental it might be worth keeping a few cleaning supplies with you. This way you can ensure your living space is up to your standards in cleanliness.
- Use what you have
- To save on money on packing supplies it is smart to use what you have. By utilizing luggage and duffle bags you can pack a large amount of your belongings. By rolling up clothing and placing them between fragile items you can save on purchasing bubble wrap.
- Pack in order
- In order to save time and remain organized it is important to pack by room. Doing this will make it easier when you have unpack in your new home. Be precise and take the time to label all of your boxes. While it may take more time to pack, you will be thankful you took the time to be so organized.
- Purge as you pack
- Packing and moving is the best time to go through your all of your belongings and get rid of what you don’t use or want anymore. You will be surprised how much you actually don’t use every day. By storing your items at 1st Choice Storage in Gulfport or throwing away your belongings you can make your move just that much easier.
- While moving can be exciting it can also be very tiring. By taking the time to organize your belongings, labeling your boxes, and get rid of what you don’t need, it will make your move just that much easier. Our storage units at 1st Choice Storage in Gulfport are perfect for the belongings you want to keep but just don’t have the room for. If you have any questions please feel free to contact one of our friendly customer service associates.